Software Engineer for about 15 years
Did some work with ANTLR and hibernate (HQL parser).
Why this project?
- Basic was my first language
- Visual Basic was a great discover for me: you could build great and professional looking applications with so little code!
- Angry about Microsoft discontinuation of Visual Basic 6 (or classic), and not offering an easy path for jumping into VB.NET.
- More important: Visual Basic 6 is used in production in a lot of companies and applications. They need a solution. We need a viable alternative!
- 90's at 12-13 years old (i don't remember exactly) I began with GW-Basic.
- After some years later I went with QBasic and Power Basic (both DOS)
- And some years later I began with VB4 and went through VB5 and VB6.